Saturday, March 13, 2010

GETTING LIPPY

While at the gym recently Beyonces 'Radio' video threw me off my treadmill and into the fascinating world of lipstick. She had not one but three smokin lippy looks that got me thinking...



I'd previously lumped lipstick into the 'for Mums and Grannies' basket and only recently moved it to the 'hot but I couldn't pull it off' basket. Now I was overcome with the need to own the candy shade of pink above - but in matte so it's more street, less hoochy. It looks like standout pouts did feature in the recent runway shows but it was more of a dark and mysterious vamp vibe rather than the bright pinks I was after...


Love these (especially the S&B jacket) but the goth lippy wasn't doing it for me. So to the red carpets and trashy music vids I go - bingo!






Top to bottom: Alexis Bledel; Rihanna, Kate Bosworth; Ke$ha in 'Blah Blah Blah'; Topshop runway; Nylon staff

While I was originally rooting for the bright shades at the top I now also want to get me some of that pastel pink. For now though, I went for MACs 'Pink Nouveau' - so delicious looking I am not sure whether to apply it or eat it. No actually I might be a makeup ammature but I think I have that part sussed.





So I guess this makes me an official lady - YUS, excitement. Less exciting is that I read somewhere that people with fair skin should wear less pigment - BOO! Wear it with confidence and you can pull anything off I say. The main thing is also to team that eye popping pink pout with a more edgy look so you don't end up looking too 'I heart Barbie'. When my money tree starts sprouting/in my imaginary world I will team it with


Left to right, top to bottom: Alexander McQueen 'Cut out ankle' boots, $UK692.47; Alison Mossharts rocking power fringes; Sass and Bide Vie 'No Way Out' dress, $241; Elke Kramer 'Petite Tough Love' bracelet, $256; Sterling silver Deadly Ponies pendants; William Phillips 'Clones Mini' bag, $499; Camilla and Marc 'Nikolai' jacket, $972; Rayban Clubmans  

Dammit why did I do this to myself - now I want ALL of the above. Best I go and distract myself by choosing my next colour from MAC. On my wishlist (and hopefully making its way back from Aussie with Megan in a couple of weeks) - Costa Chic.




Special thanks to Megan for her beauty-guru lesson in lipstick AND her bold purchase of BLACK lipstick (more on that later).

1 comment:

  1. So hot so very hot. Im also obsessed with pink nouveau. And for those who dig it its all about berry shades for Autumn although the pink lip aint going no where.

    ReplyDelete