Tuesday, March 2, 2010

DETOX DAY 2... I DON'T GET IT

OWWWW my head is pounding, my stomach is churning and I have been in a semi-rage all day - and this is supposed to be good for me? I am on day two of my detox and it aint pretty - week one is supposed to ease you into it. I don't get the easy part of suddenly ANIALATING coffee, sugar, bread, cheese and chocolate from my diet. One day it was all there at my finger tips - coffee on tap, Monday baking to look forward to, Friday vino goodness and the occasional microwave cheese sandwich then BAM! All gone. In a flash. I must admit though, the BAM is bit of an exaggeration - it is more of a slow trickle. I did try - on day one I was full of good intention and promise but then Monday baking slipped onto my desk and into my mouth. Oops. I figured it then wouldn't matter if I snuck a few pieces of chocolate in after dinner... so I did. Tuesday was to be a fresh start then someone bought a big bloody birthday cake to work - and that ALSO found it's way onto my desk and into my mouth.... TWICE. I did try and get zen with my cous cous salad but I couldnt work out how to make the cous cous stay on a fork - after much flailing and faffing I gave up on Mr Salad. So as I sat on the verge of detox failure, with my searing headache just the icing on the cake (mmmm cake) I decided I needed a little treat. I had afterall missed out on at least six coffees over the last two days so I've basically made money and should therefore invest it wisely. So with my 'profits' I made the most heavenly investment - my Angels coat from Ruby. Love love...





Oh and while I was there I spotted a few other gems (sadly they didn't come home with me)...



Romeo Blazer and Paris Pant above - reow! Warning - hot hot Rose Jumper below does not fit under new Angels Coat



So with my new coat to protect me, my peppermint tea sitting healthily beside me and day three of detox approaching I am feeling positive. Tomorrows goal is to concour the cous cous ... and maybe wrangle my budget to allow for another quick visit to Ruby?

1 comment:

  1. Buying items at Ruby would definitely help with the pain of detox :)

    ReplyDelete