Tuesday, March 9, 2010

PRINCESS DIANA F+

Loving my new Lomo photos that I have just had developed - so wrong and so distorted but that's why I love them. The errors and light splattered film make for a dreamy effect.











These are all taken on my Diana F+ Chromatic - mmmm pretty...


To cut a long story (and my 'I heart Diana' ranting) short these gems are true survivors with the Lomo site describing them as cult legends and dannnngggg I can see why. They are so simple even your granny could use it - sans screen and even buttons it's all knobs, switches and clunky noises. Plus you look like a pro - people can't work it out so they assume you know your shit :) Originally a toy camera that let in a tonne of light they have been revamped, reproduced, re-launched and even cloned! Although they all do the same thing you end up wanting several of the exact same camera in a different clone. Case in point - I want ALL of these


Clockwise from top left: Qing Hua Diana F+ by Dorophy Tang; Mr Pink (made especailly for me! P.s. I made that up); Colette Diana F + (partnership with my FAVness store in Paris 'Colette'); and the Snow Cat

Wow the above contains several blog/drool worthy topics on their own: PINK, Colette, snow fun... watch this space.

Anyway, they even released limited edition White Stripes Dianas - YEOW!


Throw one of the many coloured filters in front of that Queen Mother of a flash bulb and you get some outrageous effects like the dreamy wonders below (sadly these are not my own)...







Surprise - that last one actually is my own.

Black and white images taken on a Diana are stunning as well but given that I have just loaded up a black and white film I will get snapping and report back on that later. Click.

No comments:

Post a Comment