Wednesday, April 7, 2010

TO BE OR NOT TO BE











Soccer and fashion are two words that just don't seem to belong in the same sentence - for me it tends to conjure up images of botoxed WAGs, Victoria Beckhams designs (ick) and players (and playahs) who are tanned, buffed and gelled to perfection (I just spewed in my mouth a little bit).



BUT I guess New Zealand and Wellington in particular are pretty far removed from that scene and it really surprised me (in a good way) to see that this new tobe shoe label is the brainchild of the Wellington Phoenix player Tim Brown and his brother from the same mother (huge assumption there but I just wanted to say it), Paul.

Although I'm not sure it's wise pitting yourself against everyones fave, Chucks (which have been pretty well ALIVE for the last 100 or so years), it's a ballsy way to kick off a campaign and create some interest around the new kicks on the block (oh that's a good one - they really should have asked ME to come up with their ad campaign - haha!).

tobe shoes are a pretty smooth looking product with extreme sex-slash-street appeal and a pervalicious site that keeps drawing me back to check out the photography if nothing else. While they haven't listed any stockists I did notice that Good As Gold are in on the action already and there is a pop up store coming soon...

 

WELLINGTON TOBE POP-UP STORE

April 16 - 18, 12-7pm, Cnr Wigan and Taranaki St


AUCKLAND TOBE POP-UP STORE

April 24th, 12-7pm, 323 Queens St


p.s. We get to see them before, and longer, than Aucklandia does. YUS.



p.p.s Check out the trailer on their site, it's scary!

No comments:

Post a Comment